Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Marriage

Should marriage be abolished?
I know many atheists who would agree with this, they see marriage as a false union. I think marriage should stay, since it symboloizes love, one of the greatest human emotions.

Marriage
I think marriage can be between any too humans, with in a reasonable age gape, not a 40 year old man and a 10 year old boy. I dont agree with marrying other species either, like a crocodile marrying a Zebra, that would be absurd. Or marriage to Inanimate objects, that dosent make sense either, though their are men who want to marry dolls, Ive seen a video on this.

Civil or Religious?
I dont care where you get married. I dont care who proclaims you married, aslong as you both agree and are in love, it is a good thing. I dont think two people should be forced to be married, I will discuss this more in my next topic about abortion.

Marriage to more than one person?
I dont agree with this. Its not fair to your spous, marriage is suppose to symbolize love. You and your partner should be fair to each other.

4 comments:

  1. Brecht's point is that society's emphasis on marriage and procreation customs were barbaric. Brecht did not feel bound by them. The only credible social emphasis should be on the work to bring about the perfectability of man by continually striving to establish the right social conditions. Sex / romantic love had no exalted status for Brecht. He always called his lovers "comrades". Thats also the reason why the song polly sings when she gets married with maceath in the Beggars opera by Bertolt Brecht is called the Barbara song, simply because, "Barbaren" means Babarians in german.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Roman Catholic Church thinks Marriage is a holy union between a man and a woman who love each other, and is required before sex, most Roman Catholics feel bound by this.

    What do you think of this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean, compared to what Bertolt Brecht thinks.

    ReplyDelete